Sunday, November 16, 2008

My day of rest

159.9

Given the weight of the food I ate yesterday, I'm not surprised.  Remember now, if you eat a quarter pounder, you are going to be a quarter pound UP until you rid yourself of it.  If you catchy my drifty.  

Another snacky, munchy day.  Not as bad as yesterday, but again, I'm not feeling all that great.  It was a pajama day, so deemed by my bedresting friend, Nicole, and I enjoyed it.  

B: nibbled a couple of pepperonis, a little cottage cheese, and some macs

L: nibbled some more macs and a small bowl of chili (the last of it)

S: nibbled some more macs (thank God I don't live in Hawaii anymore -- the cost of those suckers will keep them out of my house!), two tomatoes, and some mini sweet peppers

D: bowl of chicken adobo

S: cinnamon pork rinds and peppermint tea (I had bought a case of the pork rinds and then didn't eat them so I'm downing them until they're gone)


I've been getting emails and messages from some of you.  I'm so glad to have the company and hope that I can convert those of you trying low carb for the first time.  Seriously, if I could go on a mission and knock door to door, I would.  It is that life changing.  

I have to tell you, too, that this is a GREAT time of year to start low carbing!  Trust me on this.  While others are gaining weight at a wicked pace, us low carbers will be maintaining or losing through the holidays.  All the while we'll be eating all the holiday favorites, with a few tweaks here and there.  Egg nog... the real deal, homemade with either stevia or splenda to sweeten.  Pounds and mounds of turkey and ham.  Green bean casseroles and sweet potato fries (yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!!  And he is here to tell you that SWEET POTATOES ARE LOW CARB!!!  Although, me being the Grinch will tell you only for special occasions or for after you've lost the weight and wish to maintain).  Smashed cauliflower so delish that my Irish mother in law has no clue they're not potatoes! Cheese and nuts and gin and tonics.  Olives! Those little bitty sausages without their blankets. Veggies with dip.  Sugar free cheesecakes (Cheesecake Factory, my friends!) and pumpkin pies with nut crusts.  Real, rich, deep and dark chocolate (Lindt's 85% is my favorite).  Coffee with heavy cream or top it with sugar free whipped cream.  

Shall I keep going or have I convinced you?  

Go anywhere, any restaurant, any party, and stay on plan.  It's awesome.  

Okay.  I'll stop.  I'm starting to sound preachy.  And maybe I bit too fired up than one should be about eating.  But... okay... I'm done.

There's been some recipe requests so here ya go. 

This is the recipe I use for pumpkin sausage soup.  It is so good that Mike says it has taken its rightful place next to pizza and steak as foods he could eat every day and not get tired of.  Yes, that good.  Plus, it's really easy to whip up and to keep the ingredients on hand.  I keep dried and/or canned mushrooms in store for those times when I decide at the last minute to make it.  But fresh mushrooms are definitely preferred.

Also, someone asked about shiritaki noodles.  They are not my favorite food, honestly.  Not even an adequate substitute for the real deal, in my opinion.  Yet I do eat them.  And I do so because they are super low calorie and they fill me up like a carby pasta meal does.  They are better with cream sauces than with vegetable or broth based sauces.  Here's how to deal with them.  Open the bag, dump in a strainer and rinse them well.  Then you want to parboil them for just a few minutes.  Drain well and I dry mine in a towel by just dumping them on the towel and rolling the towel up loosely.  Some people then fry them a little to get the liquid out.  But that's just too much work for me.  

Give them a try, though.  So many people really, really love them.  I could just be a weirdo.  

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you :)

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home