Monday, November 10, 2008

I'm losing it

That's right.  I said it.  I'm losing it.  

Twenty freakin' pounds of it!  

I'm played games with this fat for long enough.  Your fat housewife needs to drop 20 lbs so that I'm just the Fat Housewife again and not the Obese Housewife.

As you all know, I'm a low carber.  And not just any low carber.  I'm ardent.  It's akin to religious fanaticism, really.  Except, for whatever reason, I've had one hell of a time sticking to my plan.  I don't know why, but I go off and have the wickedest time getting back on.  When Mike left I had a chocolatefest that sent me straight into high blood sugars and glucose rages. You ever seen a rotund mama red faced and screaming at the top of her lungs, lunging at her children with a Milky Way Dark in hand while kicking the dog for coming near her candy?  Bad, bad stuff.

Anyway, today I have kicked off the Losin' It campaign.  I will not just lose these 20 lbs, but I will do so here, on the blog, in a very public manner.  Why?  Why would I do something as zany and yet entirely humiliating here?  I mean, yes, I do this kind of thing all the time in real life.  But here?  On the blog?  Well, because most of you that read this blog are people I love.  And most of you need to lose at least 10 lbs.  I want you all to see how easy, tasty, and filling losing weight can be if you use Dr. Atkin's principles.  Plus, it'll keep me honest.  I will lose all credibility (and so will my hero Dr. A) if I flub this up.  Basically, it is totally all about me.  

Every day I will post my weight (yes, I will post my weight in public, you sissies!) and what I've eaten for that day.  Most of the food I eat is easy to make and find.  Nothing special.  If you see something that you'd like to have or make and want the recipe or need to know where to find it, post a comment and I will do a follow up.  I will also post how hungry I was and what kind of working out I did.  Just so you can see for yourself.  I'm not going to tell you there won't be days where I'm hungry.  There will be.  But for the most part, eating low carb is painless.  Enjoyable, even.

So here, goes.  Come peer into my world.

Weight: 161.4

Breakfast: a cup of tea (I normally eat breakfast, but we had to fly out early this morning)

Lunch:  3 eggs fried in bacon grease, a handful of bacon bits, 6 turkey sausages, and a bowl of buttered broccoli (and this is what happens when you are too hungry at lunch time!)

Snack:  handful of Cocoa Roast Almonds and a big glass of kombucha

Dinner:  pepperoni pizza in a bowl (pizza toppings all dumped in a bowl and baked till gooey) and a salad

No exercise as I'm must getting my energy back from having strep throat.  I did sit in the sauna, though, while Reilly Kate was at swim practice.  

And I was hungry.  Not terribly or painfully.  But more like my brain was telling me it was time to eat.  Mondays are really busy for us so we're all hungry on Mondays anyway.




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Heather! You know I am right there with you right? Do you want those of us who are doing low carb too to offer feedback or just keep our mouths shut? It seems comical that I would have feedback to offer you, since you turned me on to LC a year ago....can you believe I hit my one year Atkinsversary? Crazy! However, if you want it, I'll offer it up and you can either take it or leave it. :-)

7:59 AM  
Blogger The Histrionics of a Fat Housewife said...

I'm all about feedback. Good, bad, spam, completely certifiable. I take it all!

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home