Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whittling away at it

160.0

B:  cottage cheese, pecans, stevia and a cup of tea

S:  raw almonds and kombucha

L: an enormous salad with Newman's Own Olive Oil and Vinegar and a bowl of egg drop soup

S:  celery and dip

D: repeat of last night with addition of a bowl of broccoli and topped off with a square of Lindt's 85%

No exercise again today.  Didn't have time at the gym as we got there late.  I wasn't too hungry today.  But I ate more it seems.

The thing I love the most about Atkins is the food tastes so good as compared to low fat, low cal crap.  Plus, I eat huge portions.  Can't go wrong with a diet that lets you eat as much as you want and the food tastes good.  

I just might get addicted to that egg drop soup.  It takes about 5 minutes to make and is the best fill me up and keep me warm meal around!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim C in NC said...

Could you please post the recipe for the egg drop soup??

Thanks,

Kim in NC

10:28 PM  
Blogger The Histrionics of a Fat Housewife said...

Sure. But you're gonna laugh at how easy it is.

1 cup chicken broth. Don't use that cubed crap if you can avoid it. Costco sells a good organic free range chicken broth. http://www.pacificfoods.com/products-broths.php

When that is boiling on the stove top, drizzle in two beaten eggs. Use a whisk and keep stirring it up till all the egg is cooked.

I like to use a few drops of hot sauce in mine to give it some heat. I like that this is so thick b/c you are only using a cup of broth. If your broth is bland, you may need to doctor it up a bit with some garlic powder, salt, pepper. Yum!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the soup recipe. I'm going to try it for lunch. I started my diet 2 dqys ago and so far, so good. The hardest thing for me was giving up my beloved diet coke. sigh.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Kim C in NC said...

Thank you so much! Sounds great and the fact that it is simple will make me love it all the more. :)

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home