Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Speaking Roman

I have to share a couple of really cute things that Roman's said before I forget them completely. In some ways this blog serves as an archive of my kid's babyhood. Who needs baby books these days, right?

Roman doesn't use "I" at all. Instead he says "Me." I've corrected him a few times, but I'm a firm believer in the kids will develop at their own pace philosophy and Roman is absolutely NOT ready to use proper pronouns. While we were visiting my friend Holly, she took his language misuse and abuse as her pet project.

Roman: Look! Me have my candy bag!

Holly: Say, "I have my candy bag."

Roman: No, me no say that. You no have you candy bag.


Not one to easily give up, Holly gives it another try.

Roman: Me have my pencil!

Holly: Roman, say, "I have my pencil."

Roman: [sighs deeply] Okay. You have you pencil.


I think she has now come along to my thinking that hopefully he'll straighten it all out on his own before he goes off to college. Of course, that's not the biggest of my worries. I'm more concerned that he quits nursing before high school. I don't think it'd look so good to have me sitting on the football team bench right next to the Gatorade just in case he needs a quick tug at the tit. I'm sure he'll give it up before then. I'm sure he will. He will, won't he?

Indulge me one more Roman funny. He loves to walk around with a toy hammer, tapping on walls, floors, furniture, his sister, whatever, while saying, "Ham, ham, ham, ham." See? It's a hammer. It hams. How stinking cute is that?

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

My daughter used to do the 'me' thing, too. He'll grow out of it, lol.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Wildsissy said...

Roman speak "GO ME" will never die. even though to him it meant "let go of me" to me it means so much more. So little Roman, I will GO ME through all my little trials in life and remind others to GO ME when they are having a tough time.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home