Saturday, June 17, 2006

Ain't Lyin'

I don't know if it was my obvious picture taking as I grumbled about writing my senator or the number of times I spit at the Cunter book display, or maybe it was just the threatening looks I gave the sales clerk, but the Dixie Chicks new album, Taking the Long Way, is nicely stocked in our PX. For those of you reading this blog with access to the PX at Yongsan, grab thine ration card and get thee to thine store for your very own copy!!

Not only that, but they stocked some other albums of theirs. I picked up Fly and Wide Open Spaces today, too. I mean, what the hell. Ya know? It doesn't take much to make me a loyal fan. Just voice your embarrassment of our current president and you've got me till death do us part. These Chicks may just make a honky tonk out of me yet.

If I start blubbering about a pick up truck, though, someone throw some microbrew and sushi on me, okay. That should snap me out of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger California Girl said...

I bought the new Dixie Chicks CD today too. I don't agree with what Natalie said, (sorry Heather), HOWEVER, I do respect her right as an American to say what she wants. That's what we're about. Of course, fans have the right to "boycott"...However, if you really like the music, why would you? Not too mention, we DON'T ALWAYS have to agree with everyone. How boring would our world be?

Just because I don't agree with what she said doesn't make me dislike their music. I've always liked their music and still do.

I've only had a chance to listen to the first 4 songs, but so far, I like it :) (And I already own their other CDs. Morons who 'destroyed them in protest'. STUPID.

7:57 PM  
Blogger icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

The Dixie Chicks are so wonderful! I commend their politics and I love their music, thank you very much. Oh and the newest song they have released is so beautiful. Have you seen the video for it? Mmmm... it's gorgeous.

Also, I love country music, which is not generally what people expect me to love, but I do. I can't help myself. It's good stuff. Some of it is so touching that I've been known to pull over in order to listen to the lyrics a little bit more closely and cry, cry, cry. There was a song out last summer called, "If something should happen," that should have been illegal for them to play on the radio when people were driving- it was so sad.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got some Dogfish Head brew and salmon skin rolls at the ready.

I've never really understood why I should take political cues from musicians. Or actors. Or hell, even politicians. Actually I think I just hate freakin politics. Period.

But anyone willing to bash Bush is alright by me. Especially when they look great half naked on a magazine cover. Always a plus.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Leave It To Cleavage said...

I like the Dixie Chicks but I don't like country music.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home