Thursday, April 24, 2008

Blessings Abound

We met with the oncologist today. It seems that that visit to the District to get waved at by the Pope is all paying off now. With prayer, luck, and about $3000, my baby has a 95% chance of beating her cancer.

They ran a battery of tests today including an abdominal ultrasound, a chest xray, and a buffy coat (which is a blood test to check if the cancer spread to the bone marrow). All clear!! Yay!

Thank God!! And thank you St Francis for your intercessions!!!

Monday she will undergo another surgery to take more of the surrounding area out and to place chemo beads throughout the incision. And this should, hopefully, we pray, take care of my baby girl.

But why can't I breathe a little easier. Where is that sigh? I still feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. And don't tell me to shrug. I can't.

4 Comments:

Blogger M. said...

Oh, honey - You know I know ALL about furbaby love, mortality and anxiety. Take it bit by bit, and you *know* I'll be praying for her, and YOU. Kiss, kiss.

3:15 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Big hugs, I hope the docs are right about the recovery rate!

9:37 PM  
Blogger California Girl said...

1) I'm so glad you're blogging again. I haven't looked in a while, so I'm delayed on this.

2) I hope Alyx is happy and healthy again soon! I know I'd be beside myself if it were Luna.

3) You've always been cool enough to have a nose piercing! LOL Glad one of your wishes was fulfilled. How did the kids react? Or did you already say and I haven't read it yet?

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am most definitely a lurker on your sire and usually end up coming around when you find time to update. I hope all is well for you, your family and your puppy. Just as our children are always our babies, I feel our dogs will always be puppies. I am praying for you and I hope you are able to come back here, giving all of us, good news.

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home