Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Is it Grunsday yet?

My poor, poor husband. He just hasn't enough time in the day, enough days in a week, or enough weeks in a year. His honey-do list is ever growing, with the new house, new baby, new job...

Today I found him screaming, while swatting, at a bug in the kitchen.

"DIE!! I haven't the fucking time for this!! Will you just die already? God dammit! DIE!"

You know it's bad when the slow death of a flying insect is backing up the schedule.

But there is good news, my friends. My ever clever husband has created an 8th day with 26 hours during which he doesn't have to sleep. He has christened it Grunsday and has shifted a number of his current projects (such as the construction of the swingset, the sorting of the toys in the basement, the cleaning out of the garage, and the writing of the book on the history of Korean foreign policy) to this day.

Though, so far all that has really come of it is mumbling under his breath, "Is it Grunsday yet? Is it Grunsday yet?"

I guess I should go check on that bug.

I'm sure Grunsday will come soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor boy. :-) Tammi

7:26 AM  
Blogger Dave MacCannell said...

OH MAN can I relate!!! I can't tell you how many hours of sleep I've lost chasing around the lone mosquito in my apt. that has been feeding on my blood all night but only seconds after I manage to fall asleep! Those bloodsuckers are back again too.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home