Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree

My lap top crapped out on me this morning. That means my long awaited birth story will be a little longer a wait.

I've been meaning to post this story. It's a funny from RK. Some of you may have even heard it already. But it deserves repeating, publishing, and keeping for posterity.

We were shopping along at Target when suddenly we spy a wee little baby. This was a couple of weeks before Irina was born. So I said to Reilly Kate, "Look! There's a little baby like we're gonna have very shortly."

I struck up a conversation with the mom while Reilly Kate oogled her newborn. It was all very pleasant until... Reilly Kate began running her mouth.

"I love boys," she said to the woman. "Boys, boys, boys. That's all I ever think about," she continued as I looked on in absolute horror. "Boys, boys, boys. I just love boys."

"Okay. That's enough now, Reilly." I said and smiled weakly at the woman who was starting to look a little uncomfortable.

"And I'm drunk," continued Reilly Kate. "I'm drunk all the time. I'm only five and my mom let's me drink alcohol any time I want," she said as she rolled her head and flapped her arms around.

"Reilly Kathleen!" I was freaking out.

"Yep," she reiterated, "My mom let's me drink alcohol and now I'm drunk. Drunk, drunk, drunk. Drunk every day."

There was nothing I could do. I had to leave. I put the cart into high gear and exited the premises, heading home to explain to my daughter why it is never a good idea to paint one's self as a drunken slut. Even if someday it becomes the truth.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Wow. Sean is laughing at this post, but he may eat his words someday (since we have 3 daughters to deal with!).

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...I am truly laughing outloud! Thank you so much RK...I love you O Innocent One :D

~Kristin

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMFG that's hilarious.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home