Monday, August 07, 2006

Back from Isolation

Having the internet down is like being in an isolation chamber. I had no contact with the outside world. Well, at least none that was worth a damn. Sure, I had the occassional run ins with my fellow housewives on base and there's always the joy filled exchange with random old men who pee on the street near my apartment. But nothing really meaningful touches my life without the aid of the internet.

How sad is that?

Ah, but my Vonage box is back, blinking properly as I type and the outside world is once again at my finger tips. All is right with the world.

So wanna know what was wrong with my internet connection? Even if you don't, I'm gonna tell you. Apparently, my ISP is trying to prevent customers from using routers. Allow me to explain something. We don't pay for internet service. It is included with our rent. Hyundai Hometown was plugged as the internet home of the future when it was built. We don't have a modem or anything like that. We just plug straight into the internet jack in the wall. So why exactly are they trying to prevent routers?

I'm not using a router box to connect more than one computer. I'm just using the box to allow my phone access to the internet. I'm not cheating anyone of anything. I pay my bills. I pay for the services I receive. I'm as honest as you'll find here in Asia.

And yet, they block my box.

Here, in the land of fake Gucci and knock off Prada, where no one rents movies when you can buy them off the street for less than that, and Microsoft is so pirated that I doubt you can even buy a legal, copyrighted version of Windows anywhere on the pennisula. Yes, here, they block my box so this little, old fat housewife cannot call her Mama.

I do not like my box blocked. Do not fuck with my box. Do not.

Not one to be outdone, I rented another box to sit next to my Vonage box that overrides those sneaky ISP bastards. HA!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go buy myself a Louis Vuitton diaper bag... for twenty bucks.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad u r back. do miss your humor gotta love the knock offs tho. get more than one. maybe prada?
love ya
mom

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I am also glad that you are back! I have been going through withdrawals since your box has been down! Keep bloggin', baby!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Wildsissy said...

he he he she said "your box has been down" sounds dirty! lol!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home