Monday, July 31, 2006

Flashbacks

As a post script to yesterday's entry, I'm going to post a couple of pictures. Sometimes, when recalling RK's babyhood, I start to question whether I am remembering correctly or perhaps my dates are off. You know, time does have a way of warping things. I rummaged around baby pictures and sure enough, I was remembering right.

These were all taken on the same day. The date they were uploaded on April 4th, but if I remember right they were taken the last half of March while Mike was in a conference here in Seoul. Either way, she was about three and a half months old.



Reilly Kate was pretty pleased with herself when she discovered she could prop herself up to sit. Her content to sit was short lived however. It took just a couple of weeks before she'd grow frustrated with merely sitting. This was about the stage at which she began to whine. She wanted to STAND!




And stand she did. She'd get so excited. She'd look around at all her toys as if to say, "Hey! Look at me! Towering above you, way up high." She'd get so excited she's swing her free arm up and around until she'd lose her balance and wind up flat on her ass wondering what the hell just happened. Then she'd want to do it all again.




Reilly Kate, like most babies, hated tummy time. She'd work herself up on all fours and rock back and forth, still pissed off about being in this position. I guess that's why she didn't crawl for too long. She started crawling around 4.5 months and a month later she was cruising the furniture. To her, crawling wasn't a mode of transportation, it was a form of the much despised tummy time.


Roman, on the other hand, was deliciously average on his milestones. Pictures of that another day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shelia said...

When I read your post something you said once came to mind. "She's an extraordinary girl." I say, beyond extraordinary! Wow!

7:01 PM  
Blogger MM said...

I'm laughing over your post over at Our kids are pigs-- nursing a kumquat. Cute. (or pomello?)

Our kids played with-- get this-- zuchinni. I know the implication are, well, let's just say not Southern Baptist. But to them, zuchinni are toys.. also butternut squash. Many a butternut squash has been "emergency weaned" so we could eat it with our roast. WEIRD.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home