Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Now that's using your head!

I started my Christmas shopping today. Now, before you get into a panic and look at the calendar all frantic like, let me assure you that we are more than six months away from the blessed holiday. But I'm going home to Chicago for a visit in a couple of weeks and I want to have all the gifts for everyone back home bought, wrapped, and stored in a rubber maid bin in my mother's house. That way, come next Christmas my mother won't be able to find said bin and she'll have to go out and do my Christmas shopping all over again -- only she'll buy much better gifts than I bought. Unless my family really does want GO COREA World Cup soccer shirts.

While I was out and about I saw this and thought this would be a cool, only in Korea (or is that Corea?) kind of thing to share.



That tray on the woman's head is a full Korean meal. If you've ever eaten Korean food you know that there are at least 4 or 5 side dishes that go along with your main meal of (usually) soup and rice. You can order delivery and this is how it comes. The bring real dishes and silver and when you are done eating them come back and pick it all up. This woman was delivering to one of the many street vendors along the road. You can have your meal delivered anywhere. Go to the park along the Han River and you'll see people eating their delivered lunches there, too. It's amazing.

Even more amazing is these women carrying all this stuff on their heads! They bob and weave in and out of the most crowded streets in Seoul and I have to tell you I have NEVER seen a tray fall. Not once. Never.

Now that I've said that, I'm sure to not just see a tray fall but have that boiling hot soup in a heavy-as-a-bowling-ball stone pot fall right on my head causing third degree burns and a concussion requiring hospitalization thus rendering me unable to finish my Christmas shopping. Merry fucking Christmas everybody. Don't expect squat this year.

I'm off to go post a comment on my Religion and Politics post which just seems weird to me. I just don't know that bloggers should be posting comments on their own blogs. It just seems... weird. But ya know, I'm just trying to fit in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wildsissy said...

lol, I posted a comment on my blog just yesterday!

9:08 AM  
Blogger California Girl said...

I post comments on mine too...but then I wonder if anyone sees it...I only do it because I want to answer commenters question/comment, but don't want to post a whole new "article" for it. But again, I don't know how effective that is, since I doubt they are read...LOL

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... software affiliate program teen jobs gps car navigation Purchasing percocet from mexico http://www.printercartridges0.info Security temecula ca burglar fire alarm Cold brew coffee maker antivirus European travel sites Canada slots Calcium supplement adverse effects Capital one financing for plastic surgery Furniture gallerie order meridia

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home