Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Funsday

As we drove across the country we saw lots of cars towing campers and fishing boats and all kinds of outdoor activities going on. When we passed a couple of blokes in a boat casting their lines without a care in the world, or at least looking like they were at rate, Mike said, "I'd like to do that."

"Do what?" I asked, not quite comprehending what it was he wanted to do as we are not what you'd call outdoorsy types.

"Go fishing," he replied.

"Fishing? You don't fish," I said while scanning my brain for any memories I might have of him involving the drowning of worms as a recreational pastime.

"I use to," he said looking off into a time gone by, stored somewhere in the recesses of his aging brain. "I'd like to fish again sometime."

"Well, then, go fishing sometime," I told him. With a giggle I added, "In your spare time. The 5th Grunsday after next is a bit free."

"There are a lot of hobbies I'd like to pick up again," he said, thoughtfully. "I need a day for fun stuff. Hmmmm... I'll call it Funsday!"

And then he proceeded to serenade me the remainder of the 14 hour long trip to his own version of Manic Monday. It went a little something like this:

Just another manic Grunsday
Wish it were a Funsday
'Cause that's my fun day
My I don't have to run day
It's just another manic Grunsday

He really thinks he's clever. He sang and laughed and sang and laughed. I started to wish I had a set of earphones to the DVD player so like the kids, I too could tune into 14 straight hours of Rolie Polie Olie instead of the manic Grunsday Funsday comedy show.

Is it any wonder I'm just this side of being medicated?

4 Comments:

Blogger Wildsissy said...

okay. Grunsday and Funsday I'm not sure I want to hear what day is next...

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Herbal Valerian may put you out of your misery for your next trip - lol!

He's right - you both need Funsdays.

Tammi

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I immediately started to sing that song in my head even before I got to the part in the blog about him singing it! Too funny! Maybe I need a funsday too?

8:13 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Funsday are fun when hobbies overlap. That usually happens in Vegas.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home