Wednesday, December 06, 2006

And hair is the LEAST of it

Things have been really crazy here in my life. Crazy crazy. Not good crazy. Not funny crazy. Not omigod-I've-got-to-blog-about-this-shit crazy. No, things have been pretty suck crazy. Call it pregnancy hormones. Call it homelessness. Call it 35 year old pregnant mother living in her gray haired parents' basement with her two kids and two dogs during the holiday (and birthday) season for the second year running. Call it whatever you will. But it ain't fun, it ain't funny, and it ain't really even blogable.

Plus, my hair looks like shit. And nothing does me in like bad hair.

I did have my hair done when I first got here. Two hundred bucks worth of done. Highlights, low lights, cut, blow out, the works. It looked good. For three days. Then it went to shit. You see, pregnancy turns my hair a very yucky shade of dark, dungy, dirty blonde. Hell, it almost looks black. So my stylist did my color and it looked good, if just a bit too light. And then my hair grew. And yes, pregnancy also makes my hair grow wicked fast. So in two weeks I have about a half inch of roots. Dark, dungy, dirty, almost black, blonde roots. I look like a reverse skunk. It's awful. My mom, somehow trying to make me feel better, I'm sure, commented that my hair almost looks gray now. Splendid.

We had Christmas pictures taken the day I got my hair done. They turned out nice, thankfully. And I had a few belly shots done, too. Here's one. Yes, my hair looks nice. But trust me when I say, my hair no longer looks like this.




Pregnancy... hell, MOTHERHOOD is not for the vain. I am indeed in the wrong business. Perhaps I should have been a Mary Kay girl instead.

That's all for now. I'm going to go rub vitamin E on my stretch marks, check on my hemorroid, put my striped hair in a scrunchy, don my galoshes, and waddle on over to Chuck E Cheese.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! I can't wait to see the rest of them! You look awesome....really!

I am having hair issues this pregnancy as well. My hair won't hold my light color at all. I'm off to get another dose of color tonight, and another one right before I deliver. Hopefully that will hold me until I can figure out how to schedule a hair appointment with all 4 kids elsewhere! lol

It'll be over soon!

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stretchmarks? What stretchmarks? You look like a goddess.
On the bright side? It's winter. You can wear lots of hats and get away with it.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fabulous woman! I bet the rest of the pics look awesome also! And the hair thing just sucks donkey balls. I looked like shit for both my pregnancies. And I am vain enough to use that as one of my reasons NOT to get pregnant again :D

~Kristin

9:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

Well, at least you looked good for the pic, right?! All joking aside, don't sweat it. I think pregnant women in general are beautiful, it doesn't matter if their roots are showing or whatever, just try to take it all with a grain of salt.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great picture! The only pregnant shots I have, I look like a homicidal gorilla.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Liar liar maternity pants on fire... you look HOTTT!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely photo! How'd the family shots come out?

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home