Monday, May 08, 2006

Just two more and then I'll quit

I was out and about today with my friend and fellow blogger, Dave, when I saw two more Engrishy oops that could have been easily avoided with my five dollar proof reading program.

Both come from the heart of the "special tourism district" known more commonly as Itaewon. The first appears prominently in the Hamilton Hotel.



Perhaps the person that did up that sign once dated an American from the south. "Halth" almost sounds like it has a drawl to it, doesn't it? But it looks dumb and could have been fixed with a fiver.

The next item up for mocking comes from a popular burger and steak joint actually owned by an American. Obviously, he is has lived in Korea too long. I'm certain he doesn't look over a damn thing other than the books. If he actually looked at the menus in his own place, I doubt he'd let this one slide.



Yes. Secrete sauce. I don't think it is actually made with secretions. There are some, not many, but some food and restaurant standards here. It's actually Mike's favorite item on their menu. I haven't tried it. I can't. The menu would have to be corrected first.

So as you can see, there is plenty of work for me here. I'll keep you posted on how the business takes off. If at all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

Have you seen Engrish.com? Hilarious.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Stacie said...

OMG, I love this post, I love finding errors in stuff! You and I sound so much alike!! I havent seen you "around" (I got here via BE) so I dont know if I have missed seeing you or if you are new. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and that I love your blog!!

take care!

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, isn't that menu from the Nashville?

Thomas and I are cracking up....nice to see things haven't changed too much over there.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home