Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Nuclear Fallout & You know you're a dork when...

First, let me reassure you that we are still here, alive and well. Sure the kids are starting to glow a bit and my hair is falling out in clumps. The dachshund has grown to the size of a horse and Mike's teeth are blue. But I don't think it has anything to do with any nuclear testing. I think it has to do with our proximity to the Han River, to be honest with you.

So rest assured, we are in no danger here. Well, none from that leisure suited stud muffin up north anyway.

Now onto my You know you're a dork when...

Mike and I left the kids at home with Almin this weekend and went over to the National Museum of Korea. We've been there several times before but never without the kids. We wanted to get those headset thingies that explain each and every item on display in the museum.

We got our headsets and set off. I was a little panicky since we only had 4 hours to do it all. And it is a huge museum. We were going to have to pick and choose, for sure.

After about an hour and a half, Mike asked if I wanted to take a break and get a snack and something to drink. I'm thinking, "Hell fucking no! Let's push on!" But Mike can get very cranky if not kept well fed, so I agreed. Shortly after he finished his snack, he says, "Are you ready to go?"

Ummmm.... go where? Certainly he didn't mean leave the museum. Turn in our headsets without having gotten over the the archeological displays? No, no. He couldn't have meant that! Not Mike!! Not the geek that reads books on Korean history, Korean political strategy, Korean foreign policy for fun! Not the dork that could sit all day long engrossed in the driest reading known to man on the strategic military defense of the Korean peninsula from 1300AD - present. Surely not him! Not the Korea-phile who owns his own collection of heady Korean writing in KOREAN! NO, no, no!!!

Yes, indeed, he did mean that.

A compromise was met. We stayed another half hour then left. I felt like a teenage boy on a date with the easiest cheerleader in high school who stripped down to her panties and bra, got down on her knees, and then said, "Let's go for coffee!" I had the intellectual equivalent of blue balls.

And now I know, I am an even bigger dork than my husband.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wildsissy said...

LMAO, nice one!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Michelle Flaherty said...

There are certain activities you just have to do by yourself, I guess!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home