Friday, March 17, 2006

I'm Not Like Other Moms

I'm not like other moms. This point hits home especially when my daughter points it out by mimicking me. I heard her singing this song the other day. It is my night time song, sung whilst putting on jammies. Of course, we pick out jammies to It's Jammertime (thank you MC Hammer). But then, I quickly change to this:

(sung to tune of that pleasant Christmas carol, It's the Most Wonderful time of The Year)

It's the most wonderful time of the day
When children are sleeping
and mommies are drinking their cares all away
It's the most wonderful time
Yes, the most wonderful time
It's the most wonderful time.... OF THE DAY!!!


And really, it is. My children are sleeping angelically and it is not quite 7 o'clock. Almin is on her way over. It is St. Patrick's Day. And it has been filled with really bad luck (stay tuned for a killer long blog entry on that coming up... perhaps tomorrow, depending on the severity of the post St. Patrick's Day hangover). Irish eyes ain't smiling. The luck of the Irish ain't visiting our crib. And, well, I'm outta here for three Guinness filled hours.

Happy St. Paddy's Day, folks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I need to give you a hard time about this one...you finally learned to spell 'Guinness!" LOL!! ;-)

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home