Thursday, April 15, 2004

An Oldie but a Goodie

I am still working on the Easter tale. It's gonna be long. Actually, maybe I should do it in installments. Anyway...

Instead of not having anything for you to read until then, I thought I would post an oldie but a goodie. I wrote this on March 22, 2002, when Reilly was just three months old. Time sure flies...


Today. Fun day. I had an eye doctor appt. Fortunately, I had a sitter for Reilly since they dilated my eyes. Never telling me that I should have someone with to drive me. After the appt. I ask her when I can drive and she said whenever I want.

So I get in my car and drive. Of course, I live damn close to the equator so the sun is VERY VERY bright. And my eyes are dilated. So I put on two pairs of sunglasses and continue driving. Until I realize somehow I've gotten myself lost. I have no clue where I am nor can I see any street signs to help me. I reach for my cell phone....Where is it? AH HAH!!! No cell phone!! I forgot it at home.

Finally, with the help of God and a toothless dude named "Hi" at the Tesoro gas station, I get back on track. I stop at the Walmart to buy burner covers (I'm getting lazy in my motherhood -- faster to cover the burners than to clean them). Except, again, I cannot see. I ask one of the worker bees to help me. In order to see close up, I must take off my sunglasses which are prescription. I do so and the worker bee screams. My eyes are so dilated she thinks I'm a freak.

Now, I'm off to the grocery store. I wanted to pick up some bread and cheese. I pick up a block of cheddar for 3.95 and a loaf of french bread for 1.69. I take it to the counter and she rings me up. A wopping 12.78. WHAT?!?!? I asked her and she told me the cheese was 8.95!!!! Yes, I still cannot see. I take my almost 10 dollar cheese and go to the post office.

There is a line out the door at the post office. The lady in front of me has the cutest baby. I asked her and she said he's 5 months. He is so cute and I'm looking at him and he at me. He squeals. I squirt. Yep, my milk came POURING out. Right down the front of my shirt. When it's my turn, I am dripping wet, blind, and frustrated.

I was mailing some pictures home and the bill came to 10 bucks. I open my wallet and I am short. Why the hell am I short? Oh, yes. I have ten dollar cheese in my car.

I charge the postal bill.

Then I pick Reilly up, take her home, and am playing with her. She feels warm. I take her temp and it is 100 degrees. Is she sick or teething? I gave her some baby tylenol and will keep checking it to see if she's okay.

But what do I know about that stuff?

I think I'll go and have some cheese. Since my eyesight has come back, I've realized that I have a block of cheddar the size of the Big Island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home